Velomediane Pinarello Gravel practicalities
Meet the Vélomédiane C. Criquélion Grand Challenge and Pinarello Challenge !
The Vélomédiane is a trial cycling run open to all cyclists aged over 18. It is historically and now posthumously curated by Claude Criquélion, is supported by the city of La Roche-en-Ardenne, FCWB Fédération Cycliste Wallonie Bruxelles and the UCI (Union Cycliste Internationale), and runs across the beautiful scenery of the Ourthe and Aisne regions in the Belgian Ardennes.
Taking place each year as usual in our little town of La Roche-en-Ardenne, The Vélomédiane Criquélion is now coming back with a yet again revisited concept for 2023.
Following a new article of law from Belgium specifying that all cycling road competitions cannot take place without having to close off all traffic during the race, we had to reinvent ourselves — and that is what we did.
Rest assured that you will still have your run time trialed and ranking on your diploma. What changes though is that the starting point will not take place in a one big simultaneous group.
A few new itineraries are now on the menu, even though all famous uphill sections will of course still be there, like the Mur de la Vélomédiane (Maboge), La Haussire (Belgian top 1 uphill challenge), Roche à frêne, Col du Rideux Nord and Beffe.
The arrival point will be located Rue De Harzée in La Roche-en-Ardenne.
Lux Rescue Team is the medical team that will take care of your safety. A mechanics support service will also be available, with gear to be paid extra, but with free service workforce. No following vehicle will be allowed on the whole itinerary. Registrations will be closed on 21 August 2023 at the latest. A reception receipt with handlebar plate and a roadmap will be sent by regular post to fully registrants who will have made the payment. (Those will be shipped starting from July 30). Registrations on the spot will take place on August 25 from 6PM to 9PM and on August 26 starting from 7AM.
The Vélomédiane Pinarello Gravel of 86kms (red and yellow signs). Follow yellow signs then red ones as soon as you find one. 1950m ascending elevation.
Cost : €25, insurance included + €5 if registration is made on location.
Start in free mode from pedestrian Grand Rue in La Roche with mandatory crossing of the starting point gate between 08:00 AM and 10:30 AM.
The bike hikes will be timed trialed.
The ranking will only be mentioned on the diploma.
Your time will be displayed by alphabetic order and participants will have to strictly follow applicable road rules. Police force will intervene for any committed infractions.
Included in the price of those 2 formulas :
– Your time trial on both itineraries.
– Your time trial on La Haussire (Belgian top 1 uphill challenge, registered under Cotacol), non possible on the Gravel hike
– 2 large food and drink supply zones with Wcup, biscuits, fruits, water, etc… 1 supply zone only on the Gravel hike
– Technical assistance and repair service on the itinerary
– 1 free t-shirt
– Free parking
– Medical assistance at the starting and arrival points + rescue team on the itinerary
– Handlebar plate and numbered back patch as a souvenir
– Detailed road map
– Animations on the itinerary with hunting horns, accordions, etc..
– Insurance (no helmet = no insurance)
– Signalling people on the itinerary, as well as on the starting and arrival points
– A free fresh drink once arrived at the end of the itinerary
– A itinerary clearly marked by signs
– Lockers and showers
– A great after-cycling atmosphere around our marquee with a relaxed yet festive ambiance
– A chance to win a bike in the event lottery (6PM)
- In case of any non participation for any reason, no refund will be allowed. Only a voucher allowing you to enter next year’s edition of the event will be given, under medical certificate presentation.
- No change of race type will be allowed the day before or on the day of the event.