Velomediane 133 km & 173 km practicalities
Meet the Vélomédiane C. Criquélion Challenge!
The Vélomédiane is a trial cycling run open to all cyclists aged over 18. It is historically and now posthumously curated by Claude Criquélion, is supported by the city of La Roche-en-Ardenne, FCWB Fédération Cycliste Wallonie Bruxelles and the UCI (Union Cycliste Internationale), and runs across the beautiful scenery of the Ourthe region in the Belgian Ardennes.
Taking place each year as usual in our little town of La Roche-en-Ardenne, The Vélomédiane Criquélion is now coming back with a revisited concept.
Following a new article of law from Belgium specifying that all cycling road competitions cannot take place without having to close off all traffic during the race, we had to reinvent ourselves — and that is what we did.
Rest assured that you will still have your run time trialed. What changes though is that the starting point will not take place in a one big simultaneous group and the rankings will only be stated on your diploma.
A few itinerary modifications will also be done. All famous uphill sections will still be there, like the Mur de la Vélomédiane (Maboge), La Haussire (Belgian top 1 uphill challenge), Roche à frêne, Col du Rideux Nord, Beffe, etc 🙂
- The arrival point will be located Rue De Harzée in La Roche-en-Ardenne.
- Lux Rescue Team is the medical team that will take care of your safety.
- A mechanics support service will also be available, with gear to be paid extra, but with free service workforce.
- No following vehicle will be allowed on the whole itinerary.
- Registrations will be closed on 22 August 2022 at the latest.
- A reception receipt with handlebar plate will be sent to fully registrants who will have made the payment. (Those will be shipped starting from July 30).
- Registrations on the spot will take place on August 26 from 6PM to 9PM and on August 27 starting from 7AM.
We have 4 different formulas for you!
- The Vélomédiane — 173 kms (yellow signs)
Entry price : € 30 insurance included (+ €5 if registration is made on the spot)
3. The Vélomédiane — 133 kms — NEW (yellow and blue signs)
Entry price : € 28 insurance included (+ €5 if registration is made on the spot)
- Starting point will be undertaken in free mode for both itineraries in the Main Street (Rue Piétonnière) in La Roche, under the starting arcade, between 09.15AM and 10.30 AM.
- Time trialed hike without rankings, outside of shown on the diplomas.
- Your time will be displayed per alphabetical order.
- Participants will have to strictly follow applicable road rules.
- Police force will intervene for any committed infractions.
- Signalling persons will be present to help the traffic.
Included in the price of this formula :
- – 1 large food and drink supply zone with Wcup, biscuits, fruits, water, etc…
- – Technical assistance and repair service on the itinerary
- – 1 free t-shirt
- – Free parking
- – Medical assistance at the starting and arrival points + rescue team
- – Handlebar plate and numbered back patch as a souvenir
- – Insurance (no helmet = no insurance)
- – Signalling persons on the itinerary, as well as on the starting and arrival points
- – A free fresh drink once arrived at the end of the itinerary
- – A itinerary clearly marked by signs
- – Lockers and showers
- – A great after-cycling atmosphere around our market with a relaxed yet festive ambiance
- – A chance to win a Pinarello Bike in the event lottery
Please note :
– No refund will be accepted. Only vouchers allowing participation for the next edition the following year will be emitted under medical certificate presentation.
– No change of formula (Vélomédiane < > Petite Crique) will be accepted on the day before of on the day of the event.